Update of the program in Croatia
Twelve organisations have delivered the results of the carbon footprint calculation in the national Bilan Carbone Clim’Foot tool. Most organisations (10) have prepared an appropriate report on the carbon footprint calculation. Croatian end-users are from the following type of organisations:
- Number of public organisations: 8
- Croatian Agency for Environment and Nature - CAEN
- Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka - EFRI
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture, University of Zagreb – FSB
- Croatian Institute for Public Health – CIPH
- Croatian Lottery – CL
- Zagreb Freight Station, Zagreb Holding – ZFS
- Croatian Employment Service – CES
- Energy Institute Hrvoje Požar – EIHP
- Number of private organisations: 4
- EKONERG - Energy and Environmental Protection Institute
- Ericsson Nikola Tesla – ENT
- Končar - Power Transformers – KPT
- Valamar Riviera – VR
EIHP decided to implement the carbon footprint calculation for three-year periog (2015-2017) of own company in order to provide better practical support to the Croatian end-users.
In total, 10 end-users prepared comprehensive carbon footprint calculation for all three scopes, although for some of them, calculations of GHG emission for Scope 3 activities are not completed. Calculations of the carbon footprint for 2 organisations (Croatian Employment Service and Zagreb Freight Station) are not on a satisfying level. However, carbon footprint calculation for all organisations could be improved in the future.
The contributions of Scope 1, 2 and 3 activities to the total carbon footprint for 4 private and 6 public organisations are presented in the following Figure. Scope 3 activities contributed to the total carbon footprint with more than 50% in analysed organisations.
Activities realised by end-users and EIHP:
Following the training sessions, representatives from organisations have introduced the management and key employees with their role in the project, defined the parameters and the input data for carbon footprint calculation and started their calculation.
On-site visits were performed to the following end-users:
- Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka (10th October 2017);
- Croatian Employment Service (27th November 2017);
- Zagreb Freight Station (6th December 2017);
- Croatian Institute for Public Health (18th December 2017 and 16th December 2016);
- Valamar Riviera (1st February 2018);
- Croatian Lottery (7th February 2018);
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture, University of zagreb (21st March 2018);
- Croatian Agency for Environmental and Nature (26th March 2018);
- EKONERG - Energy and Environmental Protection Institute (29th March 2018);
- Ericsson Nikola Tesla (11th May 2018);
- Končar - Power Transformers (22nd May 2018).
Return to the main menu on the voluntary programs in the Clim'Foot project.